May 12, 2020
Screening and policies for visitors and contractors
Visitors and contractors are only allowed if they are essential to the conduct of the business.
All visitors to CRL are required to wear face coverings while on site.
All visitors to CRL are required to follow social distancing, handwashing and respiratory etiquette guidelines (listed below) while on site.
All visitors and contractors are asked the following questionnaire either in writing (preferably) or orally:
- Do you have shortness of breath?
- Do you cough?
- Have you had a fever, or had to take medication to reduce fever in the last 72 hours?
- Do you feel any chills?
- Do you feel any repeated shaking with chills?
- Do you feel any muscle pain?
- Do you have a headache?
- Do you have a sore throat?
- Have you had a recent loss of sense of taste and smell?
- Have you been in close contact (closer than 6 feet) or exposed to body fluids such as respiratory droplets of anyone who showed these symptoms (a-i) in the last 2 weeks?
- If you have had any of the above symptoms (a-i) in the past, have they all disappeared, and has it been 7 days or more since they started?
The host of the visitor or contractor will evaluate the questionnaire. Any visitor who answered yes to 1 or more item (a-j), no to (k), or cannot comply with the face covering, handwashing, respiratory etiquette or social distancing requirement, will be turned away.
March 23, 2020
We recognize that the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has created a great deal of uncertainty in all of our personal and business lives. At CRL, along with serving our customers, our number one priority has always been the health and safety of our employees. As the situation continues to change rapidly, we wanted to send an update regarding our business operations.
We have successfully transitioned the majority of our non-production staff to working from home. Critical functions such as Customer Service, Engineering and Technical Support remain available to fully serve our customers.
As CRL products serve a critical role in supporting the healthcare, medical supply and pharmaceutical industries, our manufacturing operations are considered essential businesses and will continue to remain open, even in locations currently under “shelter in place” orders. To ensure the safety of all, we have implemented the recommended CDC safety standards for those in our multiple manufacturing locations. In addition, we are continuously monitoring our supply chain in order to minimize disruptions.
The safety of our employees and supporting our customers through this crisis continue to be our top priorities. We look forward to continuing to serve you during these times of uncertainty.
March 17, 2020
Central Research Laboratories is working diligently to maintain effective business operations. We are continuously monitoring the situation with COVID-19 and are working to minimize business disruptions. We value our customers, employees, and community and are following recommended guidelines to protect their well-being.
Effective immediately, CRL has implemented the following policies and restrictions:
• CRL is following CDC guidance for hygiene and contact prevention
• All international travel has been suspended
• Domestic travel is limited to critical business purposes only
• Visitor access to CRL facilities is severely restricted and all visitors must be screened for travel history and must be symptom free
• Employees who are able to work from home are invited to do so
At this time, CRL employees have no known direct exposure to the COVID-19 virus. All shifts are functioning and to this point, production schedules have not been impacted. As the situation evolves, CRL will continue to update you on any impacts to operations. In the meantime, we will continue to take all prudent measures to protect our employees and our local community. As always, we are available by phone and email. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.