Date: Jan 6, 2023 | Location: Red Wing, MN, US | Company: Dover Corporation | Timeframe: 90 days | Rate: $50/hour
Central Research Laboratories (CRL) is the worldwide expert in hazardous material handling products, offering reliable protection and customized solutions for every application need. For 75 years, CRL has been a trusted supplier of remote handling solutions. Its innovative technologies provide safe and reliable protection for operators working with hazardous and sterile materials in Nuclear and Life Science applications around the world. CRL offers high quality products and exceptional technical expertise and support.
CRL is a division of DESTACO, the worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and support of clamping, gripping and transferring solutions for workplace and flexible automation needs. A wide family of brands enables DESTACO to provide market-leading productivity improvement and cost reduction manufacturing solutions for customers in a wide range of industries. DESTACO brings over 100 years of experience to a global marketplace, with approximately half of its sales outside the United States, and manufacturing locations in North America, Europe and Asia.
DESTACO is an operating company of Dover Corporation, a multi-billion dollar diversified global manufacturer headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois. For 65 years, Dover has focused on innovative equipment and components, specialty systems and support services through its five major operating segments: Engineered Products, Fueling Solutions, Imaging & Identification, Pumps & Process Solutions, and Refrigeration & Food Equipment. The company is committed to being a leader in every market that we serve, with a focus on growth, talent and leadership to fulfill this mission.
The Machinist sets up, operates and adjusts various types of conventional or automatic machines including CNC machines, lathes, drill presses, grinders and other precision equipment and may assist Manufacturing Team Members in the set-up of machines. This position reports to the Manufacturing Supervisor.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works from drawings and written instructions to create parts.
- Performs a wide variety of duties to set up and operate CNC machines. Performs diversified and complex operations on one or more machines simultaneously as required.
- Writes and edits programs as needed to meet overall part tolerance requirements.
- Requires basic knowledge of various metal and of measurements used in machining processes in order to provide technical leadership and assist in training less experienced machinist.
- Understands all aspects of operating machines (every switch/button) and can proficiently run multiple machines simultaneously in the department.
- Handles change overs without assistance, has the ability/understanding of CNC machine logic, able to write basic programs,
post-edit CNC programs to fine-tune processes for optimal performance and is able to read, find errors and troubleshoot programs.
- Capable of setting up jobs, running jobs and inspecting parts.
- Capable of performing all “external” setup tasks for the next job, while the machine is running.
- Possesses basic math and problem solving abilities.
- Reads prints to recognize specifications for various surfaces being machined.
- Works from prints and determine operational sequences; select tools, spindle speeds, tool feed rates and chucking/holding requirements in accordance with materials.
- Inspects work pieces at beginning of and throughout production run to insure part meets tolerance requirements.
- Inspects and understands when to replace cutting tools.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively use all necessary measuring tools in order to assure conformance to print.
- Understands and verifies tolerances for machined surfaces.
- Detects worn tools and replaces tooling as appropriate.
- Establish proper tool offsets and make necessary adjustments.
- Performs preventative maintenance as needed on assigned equipment.
- Advises supervisor of conduct that may violate rules, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Leadership Competencies aligned with Dover and executed in DESTACO with appropriate expectations for the job level:
- Results-Driven: Produces results that exceed Dover’s strategic objectives via a combination of planning and implementation, while living the Dover Values.
- Strong Business Acumen and Sound Judgment: Uses instinct as well as data to accurately assess business situations and industry trends; makes timely decisions and implements appropriate plans while living the Dover Values.
- Winning the Right Way: Operates with High Ethical Standards, Openness and Trust. Fosters a culture in the organization to conduct business aligned with those standards.
- Safety: Understands safe operation of equipment, tools and PPE. Recognizes potential for dangerous situations; uses safe work practices. Utilizes behavior based safety methods to sustain a safe working environment.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of CNC machining and programming operations as generally acquired in one to three years of trades training or vocational schooling
- 3-5 years of experience in setting up, operating and programming CNC machine
Education and Certification Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent education or experience
- Associates degree preferred
Physical Requirements: (To be met with or without accommodation)
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Stand 10 hours a days
- Good manual dexteritys
- Eye hand coordination and attention to detail: Ability to bend, twist and turns